Sorry we’ve been away.
Nando’s in Brazil. It’s summer there. Carlos Xavier (twitter: @carlosgustavo),UX extraordinaire at Rapp) is there too, and we’ll talk about stuff and drink German beer. It’s early 2011, nothing’s happening but we’ll try our best.
- The Designer Cross-Training Toolkit: How do you like capturing images? Do you take pics of random objects to use later?
- Mac App Store Opens: Did you try it yet? What are your first impressions? Will Adobe apps be on it? How would they work?
Sites of the Week
- Comics Sans Criminal - New years resolution: ERRADICATE COMICS SANS FROM EARTH. Possible? Does CS have a place? Berlin thinks so…
- Nike Better World – Nike’s html5 site with parallax effect for the new Free TR Fit shoes (designed with environmentally-preferred rubber) with pieces touting sport’s role in combating political unrest, homelessness, poverty and other social ills.
Traveling with iOS: pros and cons. Carlos’ magical travel app list:
- Air Sharing
- Flight Track
- Berlin Metro
- London Tube Map
- Paris Metro
- Barcelona Subway
- Metro Madrid
- Photoshop Express
- Offline Maps
- Lonely Planet
- Odyssey Translators
- Bonus apps: Alternative Berlin Metro App (Looks better than the one I used), WorldMate, Trip Journal, Wi-Fi Finder, iTranslate, MyMaps
- Flying Lotus – Cosmogramma